I learned as a kid the old cliches "Life isn't fair" and "You can't always get what you want" which usually ended up in a tantrum of some sort. As an adult I get that in order to get past these truths of life it helps to tell ourselves that the silver lining is yet another cliche "Everything ends up as it should".
I'm usually pretty good at looking at the bright side...so much so that former colleagues dubbed me Pollyanna, a nickname I was happy with actually. It's fun to be the one who stays calm when everything else is falling apart. Lately I feel like there's nothing worse than rejection and while I don't take my professional life personally, I'm beginning to take things to heart. I've taken to refreshing my email, checking my cell for a missed call about a million times a day....sigh.
I know I'll end up where I'm "supposed" to, but it's the meantime that's killin' me and yes, I know the lessons only come during the meantime. I'll try to channel Pollyanna and stay positive. Wish me luck...
No comments:
Post a Comment