Friday, July 16, 2010

Sleep v. No Sleep

I have to say this post was completely inspired by my writing hero Dooce. If you haven't checked her out yet, dooce it. HAHAHAHHAHA


Okay, obviously I am feeling better these days, but not without a little help from my good friends: power yoga, The Works, and those pesky Seacliff Stairs. I've been head-down working on working out to keep my mind from exploding from all the frustrations that encompass life. I'm seriously considering talking to a therapist again just to figure out some of it all. If any of you out there have any recommendations I'm open.

That said, I'll move on to the meat of this post.

Last night I took a glorious walk/run with Meegs, her seester, 2 friends, and two of my favorite peeps on the planet...her two boys. The boys rode their scooters along the walk as we enjoyed the amazing view of the Pacific. I took myself up the Seascape Stairs for a grueling yet satisfying ab/butt/leg workout and quickly met back up with the others. When I say quickly I mean as quickly as I can as I huff and puff and swear and spit.

Thinking I would sleep like a dream, I called it an early night and was in bed by 9:30. Then the fun began:

Cares v. Winston
Sleeping soundly is hard to do when Winston-the-160-lb-mastiff jumps on your body and tries to find a comfortable spot on the bed. He's nothing if not tenacious, and would wait until I was resettled after yanking/pulling/pushing him off the bed to jump back up. He did this 5 more time. Let me repeat in case you don't understand the severity of it all. 5 times.

Winston: 5
Cares: 6

Cares v. Temperature
Shawn washed our comforter last night and made the bed with it straight from the dryer.

Blink
Blink

TOO.HOT.

I woke up cold with only the sheet for a cover and the fan blowing at a speed of 3 out of 3.

TOO. COLD.

I had to rearrange myself and nearly wake Shawn to get the covers on just right. What? Don't EVEN try to tell me that you don't have a particular way the bedding goes when you try to sleep. Liar.

Winner: Cares


Shawn v. Winston v. Cares
Sometimes when Winston gets tired of me telling him he can't come up on the bed, he'll go over to Shawn's side and jump up like he's a gazelle. Except he's NOT a gazelle no matter how graceful he can be to completely clear Shawn and in one fell swoop curl up pretending to be asleep.

Twice Shawn had to pull him off the bed and put him into his own.

If I never hear the hubz sternly say STAY, STAY (because he can't just say it once) again it'll be too soon.

Winner: Winston for a. waking me up again and 2. making my hubz annoy me

Cares v. Winston
Out of a DEAD SLEEP I shoot up to the sounds of Winston's ferocious THERE'S SOMETHING OUTSIDE THERE'S SOMETHING OUTSIDE LET ME GET THAT SOMETHING IT'S A SQUIRREL NO IT'S THE CAT CREATURE NO IT'S A RACCOON NO IT'S A SKUUUUUUUUUNNNKKKKKK
LET.
ME.
OUT!!!

Winner: Tied between Winston and some unknown creature outside

Sigh. I've really gotta do something about this sleeping situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment