So if you're my friend then you know that I love and miss my friend and trainer Jen almost as I miss that Kauai sunshine I got on my honeymoon. Well if you've never read her blog then it's imperative that you read it now for a little background information. Specifically this one right here. Yep this is a link and it will take you there.
So 2 years ago almost to the date I bought my Fabulous Pair of Chloe Sunglasses at a trunk sale at a local boutique. They were fantastic. They were on sale. They were still expensive. The free champagne helped.
I had noticed that the arm had begun to loosen and made a big scratch in the lens so I took them in to see if the scratch could be buffed out. Sure enough the snobby boutique owner told me there was nothing she could do. I stomped out with a pouty HMPH vowing never to shop there again. Unless there was Champagne. What?
The other day I pulled my Fabulous Chloe Sunglasses out of their case, opened up the arms and SNAP! off came the arm all together. I sat with my jaw on the floor of my car, a tear forming in my left eye, the arm in my right hand and the carcass of my Fabulous Chloe Sunglasses in my left.
I don't tend to allow material things to cause such devastation, but my Fabulous Chloe Sunglasses had accompanied me on many fantastic adventures: Benisa's wedding in Wailea, my bachelorette party, my wedding and honeymoon. I even left them once and had them safely returned. They served me very well. They were like an extended family member.
Blink
Blink
Blink
Too far? Yeah, you're probably right.
That following weekend a girls' weekend to Walnut Creek was planned. Lunch at a lovely sidewalk cafe and shopping at Nordie's was the agenda. After lunch we walked to Nordies where I had a flash of genius. I quietly separated from the drama that is 5 girls and headed over to the sunglasses. I put on the biggest smile I could, pulled out my Fabulous Chloe Sunglasses and asked if there was someone on hand to fix the arm with one of those little sunglass screws. You know the teeny tiny ones that require a magnifying glass to replace. All the while in my head saying BAT you short stumpy eyelashes, BAT!!!
Oh, this arm is completely busted off, they can't be fixed. Do you see another pair you might like?
Oh but I LOVE my Fabulous Chole Sunglasses. (POUT you small un-platypus like lips, POUT!)
Oh I'm sorry, they are fabulous, but broken. What's your number and we'll get them exchanged out for you.
UUUMMMM welll this purchase won't be in your computer.....
That's okay, what's your number?
408-....-.....
Hmm I don't see anything in here. But how about this Chanel pair? They're very similar in style.
So you can just exchange them out...just like that? (Knowing full from my 5 year tenure as a salesgirl at my own neighborhood Nordies that well that yes, she can.)
No problem, here you go! Would you like to keep the arm?
Then I read this article on yahoo. I didn't feel so guilty after that. We were all winners that day. Cares, Nordies sales lady, and yes even Nordies will be reimbursed.
Oh I love my Fabulous Chanel Sunglasses.
No comments:
Post a Comment