Monday, November 17, 2008

Long time no write....

I can't believe how long it's been since I've written anything. Sorry folks! Things got really busy there for me. 

First I'd like to send a ton of belated birthday blessings to Grandpa Sugar. He is the rock of our family and I can't think of anyone better to sit at the helm of our family. My favorite memory is of me and Grandpa dancing at Stephie and my wedding. He didn't even say anything when I stepped on his toes and told me how proud of me he is. ;-). He loves gin martinis, calamari and the Washington Redskins and can make knots on the smallest masts on amazing ships despite having the biggest fingers I've ever seen.  I love you Grandpa and hope to see you really soon! I hope you had a great day filled with martinis and good food. 

Shawn and I spent this past weekend with the Ramos's and cleaning up our house. Shawn tackled the garage and it looks amazing. I should have taken some before and afters, but truthfully I was too embarrassed.  Shawn is really great at these kind of projects; he just turns on the flat screen to CNBC and goes to work. He's like one of the shoemaker's elves. 

I tackled our room and the laundry. I don't know HOW two people can manage to rack up so much laundry, but somehow we do. Having a clean house has become more and more important to me as I get older and I finally understand my parents' frustrations when I would leave things around the house.  I actually recently turned guests away from stopping by because our house was a mess. ;-) See Dad I can clean up now. So Saturday was spent cleaning and it felt great. 

Sunday found me dragging Shawn to the Brittania Arms a pub in Aptos. I meet Tess there every Sunday to watch all of the football games. Tess wasn't around so I made Shawn go with me. He doesn't last too long and usually finds a paper or something else to do. College football would probably keep his attention, but he left the cheering and beer drinking to me yesterday. Luckily for him our friend Cindy happened to be there. He was a trooper though and lasted a lot longer than I thought he would.

Tomorrow Jules is coming up for a short visit. I'm hoping for a lot of laughing and good wine. Work has kept me incredibly busy and lately wine seems to be the best release. While I'll be at work all day, she'll be toolin' around the beach and checking out Aptos. It's been gorgeous for us lately so pardon me if I'm jealous.  I'm sure I'll have much to write about during her visit. 

That's all for now, but I'll leave you with what I thought was a VERY typical married people conversation that took place last week.

CB: Babe, it's neat that I get to come to your holiday dinner party this year!
SB: Well, yeah you're my significant other now.
CB: (scowling)Wait...you mean to tell me significant others have always been invited?!
SB: (laughing) Wow! I've never seen your head turn that fast. No babe, this is the first year I get to bring you. (still laughing)

Oh it never ends in our house. I wonder what Oscar must think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment