Blink
Blink
Blink
Yes, yes you know me so well. I was THAT mom but in my defense it was only after I had not one but TWO mamas come over to my desk at the SAME time asking "so how is it GOING?" that I lost it. At least I was in good company, right? My tears dropped down my face while they advised be about finding a "new normal" and it gets better, I PROMISE. I was so doubtful. They left and I tried to get myself together as I pretended to be REALLY busy.
Later I had to find out where I could go to pump. I was told it is California state law that my company provide a private place called a lactation room to pump. I sent facilities a message who returned my email with a phone call and very STERN "it's NOT a lactation room. We CALL IT a MOTHER'S room now."
Blink
Blink
Blink
I don't really give a rip WHAT it's called can you just tell me where it's located? Jeesh.
Turns out it's located 2 floors beneath me but I first have to check the key out from the receptionist on the first floor. Convenient, no but the law doesn't require that it be convenient. Which is fine really, I just wish it weren't as cold as a sterile hospital room in there. State law also doesn't require it be a comfortable spot as well I suppose. It's a room about the size of a hall closet with barely enough room to fit a chair facing a fridge. With my knees hitting my chest I pulled out all my pump goodies. Plug in the pump to the wall, attach the bottles to the shields, attach the bottles to the pump, put on the ever-so-lovely hands free bra and let the magic begin. It's a real racket kids. :-) It's probably the biggest commitment I've ever made physically. Plus it gets me out of work 3 times a day. What? Like sitting at a desk is soooooo important.
The only downside to the pumping besides all the traveling between floors is that the bottles we use don't fit the pump. Which brings me to this awesome giveaway on Mom Mart. She's giving away a pump that does fit our bottles. So wish me luck! And if you are my friend who's pregnant check it out and try to win one for yourself. Or don't be so selfish and let me have a greater chance of winning. Kay? :-P
Pumping is great for someone like me because I get an instant result to a task. Oh, we need 16 oz a day? Done. It's very satisfying to accomplish this. I never thought I'd feel so good about pumping. It's become second nature and sad at the same time. I mean it's just weird to think of my boobs having a JOB. Well besides the you know, obvious job our lady bits have. I try not to think about it too hard. Having a baby takes a toll on your sexuality and if it doesn't well great for you but you're a liar.
Bo's thriving and loves his bottles while secretly I wish I had an excuse to stay home with him. Not all babies take the bottle as easily and have
See it's finding the silver lining folks.....
No comments:
Post a Comment