Friday, September 2, 2011

Wow...

Okay so it's been WAY too long. :-( Here's a quick recap of events lately:

We took a vacation to Pismo last week for one last hurrah before I go back to work next week. Yay for Pismo BOO for going back to work. It was so great to get out of town and Bo had a blast. We took him swimming for the first time and he loved it. He was super tired after splashing all around and watching the big kids. The hubs and I talked about crashing the two weddings taking place but lost our nerve at the last minute. Bo would have made a fantastic ring bearer. :-)

I've updated our Flickr site with a few pics of Bo in his swim trunks. What a chunk!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/careblackwood/sets/72157627261602800/

Bo's been growing a ton and laughing a little more every day. His activities of late are putting toys in his mouth and watching Winston. I'm pretty sure he's going to grow up thinking his dog's name is "OFF! NOW!". Mama's activities lately are attending the new mom's breastfeeding group at Dominican and doing the whole "ladies who lunch" afterward with our brood. It's been a life saver having so much support in Surf City. I'm also still signing up daily for any free giveaways I can. Speaking of which, Tommee Tippee is giving away a free something-or-other and I get 3, yes 3 entries for mentioning it here! http://www.whyclothdiaper.com/?p=497 How fun is that?

Speaking of cloth diapers, yes, we're still using them and the diaper service is AWESOME. The hubs is over it though and since he has the night shift I don't mind. He can wrap that babe up in whatever he wants at 2AM. Kay?

I am mostly living in a land of bliss and adoration of my little guy. It's been an amazing time and I'm enjoying every second. It's hard to imagine how much has changed in the last 4 months, and I could never imagined how grateful and honored I am every day. In fact, I'm such a sap that as I was watching the MTV Video awards ( a day late; thanks DVR!!) I completely lost it and began bawling like a baby when Beyonce finished her song to reveal and rub her belly. Yeah, yeah, yeah. What can I say? I've definitely found a new appreciation for pregnancy.

I'll leave you for now with what I think is one of the funniest exchanges my hubs and I have had in the last week.

Scene: Care in the bathtub with Bo holding him face up with his bum and back lying flat in the water. Hubs is sitting next to the tub reading a print out of some new process at work. Bo is flailing his chubby arms hitting himself in the chest.

Care: HA! This is hilarious! Look babe he's hitting his chest with his own arms!
Babe! Look!
The hubs looks up for a brief moment and smiles. Bo continues to pound his own chest.
Care: HA! He looks like godzilla babe! Seriously! Look! He's Godzilla!
Hubs: reading his paperwork You mean King Kong.
Care: Haha look at him he's gettin' real wild now! Oh whatever, King Kong, Godzilla, same diff!
Hubs: still not looking up from his work Godzilla was a lizard. You mean King Kong because he's the ape.

I don't know why I laughed so hard, I think it was because he never looked up or missed a beat. And Godzilla IS a lot different than King Kong. I mean how is a lizard gonna have arms/digits WHATEVER long enough to pound his own chest.

Maybe you had to be there.....



No comments:

Post a Comment