Over the weekend I got to see my very dear friend Charla. You may remember her from many stories of fun, chaotic shenanigans. She lives in SoCal with her beautiful family and sassy mouth. She's the cousin of my BFF Tessy and loves me as much as I love her(or so I make up in my mind). Anyway, as we sat drinking our Bloody Marys recovering from the previous night's epic awesomeness, we began talking about the offense I took to something inconsequential someone said at work. Here's a snippet:
Cares: I mean it's not like I'm deeply offended. It's like when someone uses the phrase "Killing two birds with one stone. I don't necessarily become offended but c'mon! TOO VIOLENT!"
Char (looking at Tessy both beginning to laugh uncontrollably) "Whaddoyoumean?" she says between cackles. "I'll go shoot a bird right now! That offends you?" (tears forming in the corners of her eyes at this point.)
I tried to state my case but was fervently denied any words due to the hysterically laughing twosome sitting across from me. I don't think we were able to speak for an entire minute.
Reason 8,295 I love my friends: even when I have the most irrational of comments they just laugh and love me the more for it.

I'm still cracking up over this one!
ReplyDeleteSee...she DOES love me! Email from Char:
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA! LOVE it and YOU Care!! So fricken funny.