Friday, March 20, 2009

A Walk on the Beach

Sometimes being laid off can have its advantages. Today my Mom and AL came over with Lulu and we took a 2 hour walk on the beach. As we reached Hidden Beach and I pointed out the benches where Shawn proposed. Mom got a little ahead of us and started talking to a fisherman. When we caught up with her she excitedly told us she thinks she saw a whale. Sure enough as we looked out we all saw the arch of the whale's back about 400 yards out. Initially we were delighted but scared that it was too close to the shore. As we continued walking we kept seeing its blowhole as it made its way further and further out into the Pacific. I've seen dolphins and otters and seals in SC but never a whale. It was incredible and I was thankful I got to share it with two of my favorite women. 

Oscar was stoked because it was the first time I'd ever taken him off leash at the beach. He bounded and smelled all the way down to Rio Del Mar and back making sure he didn't go past the edge of the ocean where the water reaches the sand. He after all was not born with webbed feet or any desire to swim. 

Although I am thankful everyday for all I have there are somedays I'm actually thankful I was laid off.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the latest blog? Love you big much.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete