Yesterday I was up so early that I just decided to hit the gym. I had some funny stares while I was there. I guess it does look a bit funny for a woman 6 months pregnant to be jogging on a treadmill. But I didn't care. I set my Pandora to the JayZ channel and ran a mile and a half and ended my workout with a bit of a modified version of Tracy Anderson's legs video she sent me.
What? Oh I know. I'm not Gwenyth but if I can get legs like Petter Potts then you'd better believe I'll try it. Now that the doc gave the okay for cardio I am going to attempt pruning these tree trunks!
The main point is, I'm getting used to these early mornings and have decided to make lemonade by getting to the gym. The problem is at 12:17 I had two options: 1. Force myself back to sleep or 2. Stay up watching shake weight infomercials until the gym opens at 5:30.
What I DIDN'T know was that every hour after that at 17 minutes past exactly, I'd wake up thinking it was time to get out of bed and hit the gym. Turns out I wasn't the only one. At 3:17 on the nose I woke up thinking I heard the shower. I very
4:17 came and went and when 5:17 came by it was time to get up and hit the gym. First things first, Winston was whining to get out and relieve his bladder. Oscar looked so cozy in bed that I decided sleep was more important than the gym and told myself that if I didn't fall asleep in 5 minutes I'd get myself ready for the gym.
I didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 6:15.
Nothing exciting or ground breaking but thought it was sort of eery to be waking up at the same time EVERY HOUR. Maybe 17 is my lucky number this week...

Caroline! You blog! I LOVE IT! I found you via Twitter via the Civil Wars...wondered how you had heard of them, knew them etc. I have known Joy for quite some time. Blah, blah, blah.
ReplyDeleteUm...didn't know you were pregnant! HUGE congratulations! Hope you are feeling well...and I read down a bit...so sorry for the loss in Shawn's family...just prayed and will continue to as I think of it.
So glad you are in blogosphere!
Hi Nini! Thanks for finding me! How fun! I first heard Joy at the Twin Lakes Christmas Concert about 3 years ago and instantly loved her. I started following her everywhere I could after that and though I've never met her feel like I do! HA! Thanks for the congratulations, we're so stoked. Due May 1 and waiting to find out the sex. Thank you for your prayers,it means a lot. It's been a tough road for his cousins. I read your blog all the time and will be sure to post comments from here out. They're so much fun to receive! xxoo
ReplyDelete