We had Shawn's Holiday work dinner at Forbes Mill Steakhouse in Los Gatos, got our tree, and I saw Ben Harper play with his new band. Phew. I'm tired just reliving it! :-)
I'm still getting used to my hair and decided I would try to curl it with a straight iron.
Blink
Blink
What was that you said Care? CURL your hair with a STRAIGHT iron?
Yes! And it only took me an hour! The outcome was pretty sweet. So much for saving time by cutting my hair, I think I will curl it everyday...

I didn't tell anyone I was cutting my hair, I just did it; so you can imagine the looks of shock and dropped jaws I got when Shawn's colleagues saw me. So far everyone loves it, and it makes me wonder: Do they really like it, or is it just too late to say "OOOHHHH Care, um sweetie, you really should have kept it long." :-)
We started with cocktails and catching up then moved to wine and somewhere I decided it would be great fun to have shots of tequila. Someday I'll realize I'm not 22 anymore. Nevertheless Shawn and I had a fantastic time celebrating our FIRST hol
Sunday we got our tree and I abruptly left Shawn to meet Tess for football and a Ben Harper concert at the Catalyst. Again, not I'm not 22. Ben Harper did an amazing job on the slide guitar. Tess and I sipped our Jamison and joked and made new friends as we waited for Ben Harper to go on stage. If you haven't heard any of his work, you should check him out. He's got a rock flavor with some really mellow tunes mixed in there. My favorite album is Both Sides of the Gun if you need a recommendation. I have 3 of my favorites on my playlist down below.
Tess's dad said that she was going to be named as a complaint in our divorce papers and that made me laugh so hard. We've spent every Sunday together and I hope Shawn forgives me. :-) She's like a kindred spirit; we like the same books (or at least can have fun conversations about the ones we don't agree on!) we love to watch football, she can talk Shawn's "serious talk", we ALWAYS have fun together AND she lives in APTOS!

I'm sure we'll have many more adventures to post later this week after her cocktail party on Friday. Until then, I'll have my head down writing 3 training video scripts for work.
xxoo,
Cares
I love your hair short and curly, you sassy girl!
ReplyDeleteLong or short, you and your hair are always beautiful!
Love,
Stephie